Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Battling Burn Out


Okay guys, we all know that we can get board when working on our projects. I can only knit certain items for a month or two before I need to take a break. I tend to blame this on my ADD then try and push through it. Then I would start to resent what I was doing and it was bad news.

Now I stop when I start to feel burned out. Crazy right? It helps me to move to a different project or stop knitting all together. Here is a list of things that you can do in your down time.

- Photograph your work

- Update your inventory paperwork

- Look coupons for items you use everyday

- Make a Treasury on Etsy

- Catch up on your reading list (remember at least 3 "improvement" articles a day )

- Prep your packaging so that you are ready to ship when the orders come rolling in. (Make sure you have at least 5 at all time.)

- Look up local craft fairs or shops in your area to see if that might be a good fit for your business.


By the time you finished working on this list you will be ready to start your project again.

Go forth and take a break!

-LB

1 comment:

  1. cassandranorris64@gmail.comFebruary 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM

    LowlaBug...this is very timely advice for me!..I am about to launch my "shop" on etsy and looking for any and all information and of course helpful hints to make it a success. I love your etsy shop and of course your creations are amazing. Thanks for Sharing :)

    ReplyDelete